A short 5 hours Sounio private tour. You will enjoy a picturesque ride across the Athens riviera coast to find yourself at the very tip of cape Sounio, home of the temple of Poseidon.
The feeling and the view from the temple of Poseidon is breathtaking. In addition you will understand the importance of the location for the Athenians. An authentic Greek lunch with a great sea view follows to conclude your day. Finally driving through the near by town of Lavrio you will return back to Athens after about 5 hours.
We advise to consider starting the tour at evening hours to enjoy an amazing sunset at Cape Sounio. We will promptly advise you about the proper starting time according to the day of the year.
Please note that drivers are not licensed guides and are not allowed to accompany you through the sites and the museums. If you need a licensed guide for your private tour just add the appropriate service during your booking request. We strongly advise you to hire a licensed guide to make the most out of your visits. Inform us about the language you prefer for the guide if other than english. Licensed guides are subject to availability.
- IMPORTANT NOTE: Please take into account an extra seat in the vehicle for your guide when you select to have a guide for the full tour plan!
Booking & Cancellation
After submitting your booking request you will be informed asap about availability and our offer.
For your booking to be confirmed you will be asked to pay a confirmation amount. We expect to receive the confirmation payment within 12 hours or less for last minute bookings. Later than that we cannot guarantee availability for your selected service.
The confirmation amount is fully refundable if you cancel latest 3 days before your tour date. After that point and up to 24 hours before tour start we keep the 50% as cancellation fee. Last 24 hours cancellations and no-shows are not entitled to refund unless force majeure events happened.
The price offer is per group/vehicle and not per person. Each vehicle type can accommodate safely and comfortably up to a certain number of passengers. For example a sedan car may be used for up to 3 passengers. Kids are included in the total count. During the booking process you will see the notes of max passengers per vehicle type. Bear in mind to include your guide in the total passengers if you opted to have a guide during your tour unless you have arranged only for in situ guiding session. If in doubt please do not hesitate to consult us.
Included in the price offer
- The offer you will receive from us includes all costs related to the driver and the car. Licensed guide’s fee will be included too if applicable.
- Your driver will provide you with free cool bottles of water throughout your tour.
- There are no other extra or hidden costs!
Not included in the price offer
- Admission tickets to sites and museums
- Food, drinks and hotel overnights
- Tips (optional)
The Sounio half-day private tour may start or end at a point of your choice such as a hotel, an apartment or your cruise ship. It is an ideal tour to arrange a pick up from the airport upon your arrival and/or to drop you off at the airport for your departure. Just add the appropriate add-on service during your booking request.
You may also want to check out the Athens – Sounio private tour we offer. Also don’t forget to make use of our special offer. For every tour you book with us you get a 5% discount for your next tour. It might be used by you or by your referrals. Alternatively you may use the 5% discount on your private transfer bookings you can arrange at our affiliate site executivetaxi.gr.
For latest info on tickets prices, admission terms, open hours and free days please click on the following link.
Sounio – Temple of Poseidon
Tips & Hints
- Your tour is private, not a shared one. As a private tour the plan could be adjusted to your special needs and mood of the day even in real time!
- Touring archaeological sites requires moderate physical effort. Please wear light comfortable clothes and walking shoes. Some sun protection would be helpful too in summer time.
- Please let your driver and/or your guide know if you have any food or drink allergies. Although your lunch is a’ la carte it is always good to know for any allergies and either choose appropriate lunch place or inform the cook and the staff accordingly.
- In case of physical difficulties special arrangements might required so please inform us beforehand.