The Corinth half-day private tour (5 hours) combines all the history and gastronomy pleasure you will ever need. Follow a magnificent story that spans from ancient Greek to Roman times and up to recent years showcasing the human need to meet, trade, socialise and exchange ideas.
After one hour drive from Athens you will be standing over the Corinth Canal. The canal opened back in 1893 a couple of thousands years after its conception. The canal view from the top is breathtaking and calls for an amazing selfie.
Next you will visit the site of Ancient Corinth. The city state of Corinth was the richest one in the ancient world and you will learn how and why this happened. Additionally you will follow the steps of Apostle Paul who lived in the town for 18 months during the Roman era. His famous letters (epistles) to Corinthians are full of pictures from his life in Corinth. There will be some free time to enjoy a quick lunch at one of the local taverns before taking the return route back to your base.
You may opt for the extended version of the Corinth half-day private tour which concludes with an authentic Greek lunch by the seaside. We will drive you at one of the best country restaurants of Greece to enjoy some of the most delicious food you could ever have. You will be seated literally on the beach, subject to weather conditions, to enjoy sea food and other local delicacies. The chef-owner of the place will grill for you fresh fish out of the catch of the day with extra care to perfection. You will find all the best Greek and world wines properly stored in the cooled cellar. In short, you will have a culinary experience to treasure forever. However this add-on extends by one hour or more the tour duration and as it is optional you need to check that option during the tour request form fill in.
Please note that drivers are not licensed guides and are not allowed to accompany you through the sites and the museums. If you need a licensed guide for your private tour just add the appropriate service during your booking request. We strongly advise you to hire a licensed guide to make the most out of your visits. Inform us about the language you prefer for the guide if other than english. Licensed guides are subject to availability.
- IMPORTANT NOTE: Please take into account an extra seat in the vehicle for your guide when you select to have a guide for the full tour plan!
Booking & Cancellation
After submitting your booking request you will be informed asap about availability and our offer.
For your booking to be confirmed you will be asked to pay a confirmation amount. We expect to receive the confirmation payment within 12 hours or less for last minute bookings. Later than that we cannot guarantee availability for your selected service.
The confirmation amount is fully refundable if you cancel latest 3 days before your tour date. After that point and up to 24 hours before tour start we keep the 50% as cancellation fee. Last 24 hours cancellations and no-shows are not entitled to refund unless force majeure events happened.
The price offer is per group/vehicle and not per person. Each vehicle type can accommodate safely and comfortably up to a certain number of passengers. For example a sedan car may be used for up to 3 passengers. Kids are included in the total count. During the booking process you will see the notes of max passengers per vehicle type. Bear in mind to include your guide in the total passengers if you opted to have a guide during your tour unless you have arranged only for in situ guiding session. If in doubt please do not hesitate to consult us.
Included in the price offer
- The offer you will receive from us includes all costs related to the driver and the car. Licensed guide’s fee will be included too if applicable.
- Your driver will provide you with free cool bottles of water throughout your tour.
- There are no other extra or hidden costs!
Not included in the price offer
- Admission tickets to sites and museums
- Food, drinks and hotel overnights
- Tips (optional)
In addition you may check out the Athens and Corinth Private Tour we offer. Also don’t forget to make use of our special offers. For every tour you book with us you get a 5% discount for your next tour. You may pass the discount to your referrals as well. Alternatively you may use the 5% discount for your private transfers you may book at our affiliate site executivetaxi.gr.
For latest info on tickets prices, admission terms, open hours and free days please click on the following link.
Tips & Hints
- Your tour is private, not a shared one. As a private tour the plan could be adjusted to your special needs and mood of the day even in real time!
- Touring archaeological sites requires moderate physical effort. Please wear light comfortable clothes and walking shoes. Some sun protection would be helpful too in summer time.
- Please let your driver and/or your guide know if you have any food or drink allergies. Although your lunch is a’ la carte it is always good to know for any allergies and either choose appropriate lunch place or inform the cook and the staff accordingly.
- In case of physical difficulties special arrangements might required so please inform us beforehand.